The Teachers' Guild of New South Wales
The Teachers' Guild of New South Wales was founded in 1892 and is the oldest professional association of educators in Australia.
Corporate Membership is open to schools or similar educational institutions. Institutions can choose between:
Corporate 6 membership and Corporate 10 membership.
Benefits of Corporate Membership
- Advice of all Guild events and activities securely delivered to the Contact person
- The right to send any 6 (or 10) people to Guild events at the discounted members' price
- Six (or ten) copies of Proceedings of the Teachers' Guild of New South Wales, published biennially
- The right of the Principal or Head of the member body to use the member post-nominals MTGN
- Eligibility of the Principal or Head of the member body, or their nominee, to stand for election to the Guild Council or any of its offices.
Current annual subscription rates (per calendar year) are:
- Corporate 6 Membership - $360 pa
- Corporate 10 Membership - $500 pa
Click here to become a Corporate Member
Honorary Fellowship (HFTGN)
Existing members, or current non-members, may make an application to the Guild for Honorary Fellowship of the Guild. The application must provide evidence that the applicant has met criterion 1, and any three of criteria 2 (a-g).
- Ordinary Members who are members of the teaching profession. Ordinary members are entitled to use the post-nominals MTGN (Member of the Teachers' Guild of NSW).
- Ordinary Members - $70
- Retired Members who are former members of the teaching profession. Retired members are entitled to use the post-nominals MTGN (Member of the Teachers' Guild of NSW).
- Retired Members - $60
Click here to become an Individual Member
- Student Members who are current enrolled students at an Australian University.
- Student Members - $10
Click here to become a Student Member
Life Members will have had extensive, long-term involvement in the Teachers’ Guild of New South Wales, such as extensive publications in the Guild journal, Proceedings, or service on the Council as President, Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer, for at least three years.
Members who satisfy this profile may be offered the honour of Life Membership of the Guild, which would involve the granting of the post-nominals FTGN. Life Members are exempt the annual subscription.